THE GREAT LAKES FIBER SHOW
For more than 20 years, the Great Lakes Fiber Show has been held every year on the Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day weekend at the Wayne County Fairgrounds in Wooster, Ohio. Admission is free, with something for everyone —
- a full complement of vendors featuring everything from raw fiber to supplies to finished items
- activities for the kids
- food vendors on the grounds, including delicious lamb sandwiches
- an array of fiber-related crafts on display: spinning, weaving, knitting, crocheting, and more
- a wool fleece competition, show and sale
- skein and garment competitions
- workshops (pre-registration and fees required)
Alongside the Fiber Show, the Great Lakes Sheep Show & Sale will be underway, with several breeds of sheep being judged and auctioned, and a used equipment sale will provide new and long-time owners with an array of choices. For more information on the sheep show and sale, contact The Banner Sheep Magazine at email@example.com, phone 309-785-5058.
Our committees work hard to make the Great Lakes Fiber Show a success — we couldn’t make it happen without them!
- Wool Show and Sale — Algonquin Spinners and Weaving Guild
- Workshops — Medina Spinning and Weaving Guild
- Skein Competition — Algonquin Spinners and Weaving Guild
- Garment Competition — Western Reserve Spinners and Weavers Guild
- Just for Fun (kids activities) — Mindy
Mark your calendar and join us Memorial Day Weekend!
Favicon: Sheep by Taras Makar from the Noun Project